Friday 17 February 2006

Embroidery Table Cloth

I bought a great collection of material from eBay. Amongst the two suitcases of material was a lovely embroidered tablecloth. Pre printed with Little Bo Peep ready to be embroidered. Some of it has been done and some hasn't. The material is a bit grubby, but in a shade of pale pink. There are no marking of manufacturer, but I suspect this dates from the 1940s. I've shown the material to Mum and she thinks that it is a cotton linen mix. The material reminds me of something that I have seen before; I suspect it is a peice of material that my grandfather embroidered during 1940 when he was in Africa. That particular peice of material has been professionally framed and hanging on the landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...