Saturday 18 March 2006

The Girl From Botany Bay by Carolly Erickson

I was so looking forward to this book, following a review in "Your Family Tree Magazine" (a UK family history publication) that I ring jumped it....shhhh, don't tell anyone!!

I wasn't disappointed, It was a book that I was reluctant to put down and I've finished this in a couple of nights. Written in such a way that I became very absorbed in the story of Mary Broad and found the notes at the back of the book a useful reference point for further reading, as I have a interest in transported convicts of this period. Certainly one of my top ten reads for the year.

Here are the Journal Entries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...