Tuesday 14 December 2010

Advent Calendar 2010 - Fruit Cake

Mum has used the following recipe since the early 1980s, actually my Grandmother spotted it in a copy of Woman Magazine, and since then we have used this one, albeit, the copy does look in rather a sorry state! The actual date is gleened from a book review on the reverse of the recipe - 1983!


Christmas Cake

Here is the cake for the Christmas of 2006, icing was not brilliant as I recall, probably too much wine! See the original post from 2006

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog today. I honestly can't believe how much better I feel about things concerning my grandfather since I finally got them "out". It's so freeing. I'll look forward to reading about your grandmother.

    I have to say - I'm totally excited that I followed the link to your blog and found this post about fruit cake. My husband is from Leeds and while American's typical make fun of fruit cake - I've learned the English take it quite seriously. This is the first year that I made it for him and he's so excited he can hardly control himself. The recipe you posted is a little different to what I made - so I'll try this one next year and see which he prefers. The poor guy doesn't get food from home very often so when I can, I like to surprise him.

    Take care and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...