Friday 4 February 2011

Family History Writing Challenge - Introduction

Well I committed to writing 250 words a day for the Family History Writing Challenge and I wasn't too sure if I wanted to post them to my blog or not. Several days later I decided that I would. This week has been a challenging one on the work front, I have done lots of work related reading and thinking and my posts for this challenge have been done in long hand with my trusty notebook and fountain pen, which explains my introductory post and the writings from the 1st - 3rd February being made today.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I have been writing an Ancestor of the Week post, and posting mostly on Saturdays. I will still continue to write those posts, although some of the data posted during the challenge may also appear elsewhere in my blog, sorry for any duplications.

It occurred to me, that besides the genealogical evidence that I have gathered over the last 20 odd years, that I also have a collection of notebooks written by me from conversations with my, now all deceased Great Aunts, and my relatives. I also have a collection of notes, perhaps one liners from phone conversation and memories that I have formed over the years and things I remember from my earlier years. There are also memory and journal prompts in my Memorial Log that I kept after my Grandmother passed away and it is these things, in addition to photos which I will use to complete the Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...