Thursday 1 December 2011

Advent Calendar - 2011 Christmas Tree


Rather than repost last year entry I thought I would post something a little different.

There is a garden centre a few miles away who always has a fabulous Christmas display. We wondered if, in the throws of a recession this would still be the case and decided to make a visit. As readers will know, I have been unwell for the past 6 weeks with a very bad bout of sciatica, but nonetheless, I wanted to have a go at trying to have a little walk round. I did manage it, but boy was I tired! Anyway,

We arrived at the centre and the display was as a fabulous as always. Lots of different style trees decorated, tableware, tree and room decorations and a rather good selection of festive houses the sort that you can light up and are similiar to Lilliput Lane. Here is a quick snap!



Fabulous! In 2012 the UK is to host the Olympics. This year the theme for the tree decorations was done with links to previous Olympics, which I thought was wonderful. Here is the official website for the Olympics with details of all the previous 47 venues.



This is a popular garden centre, and on the day we visited the staff were replenishing stocks. I commented to the staff the displays were wonderful again and she said the Olympic theme was proving to be a success.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:14 pm

    How delightful to have such lovely displays close by and how affirming that they have continued their tradition despite the economy. I do hope your sciatica improves so you can get the most from Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...