Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday - Royal Commemoratives 1897




This is one of my favourites. Made by Foley for the 60th Jubilee of Queen Victoria. The number displayed in the last photo, represents the year it was made which confirms 1897.

I am not sure what the pink swirl is on the middle photo. When I purchased the cup about 10 years ago it was there, and on looking at it again, as I write this post I wonder if it is dye from the pretty pink floral design that can be seen on the first photo, but then again, should that have been there? Or is this an 1897 rejects piece? There was a lot of crazing on this cup, but that adds to the appeal, it shows that it has been treasured and loved before I purchased it.

Here it is, sitting on the shelf that I have been featuring recently.


Submitted as part of Tea Cups Tuesday hosted by Artful Affirmations & Martha's Favourites

4 comments:

  1. I love commemoratives ... such wonderful history and you can hold it in your hand!!!! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! I always look forward to your commemoratives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is an old commemorative mug, do not think there are any that old in my mum's collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful commemorative mug! I love this one too. The crazing only makes it better!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...