Monday 16 April 2012

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - N is for .....



N is for...... .Noack

Continuing the family of my late Cousin's wife. You can read earlier posts that connect to this family HERE & HERE.

Like the Hartwig's and Hohnberg's, the Noack's migrated from Prussia. This part of my research is in the very early stages.

Johann Carl Frederick Noack was born circa 1815. He was 42 years old when he left Crossen in Bradenberg Prussia on board the August, and arrived in Adelaide on 17th August 1856. There is some discrepancy about his occupation, at one point recorded as a shoemaker and another a sailor. He made his life in Eden Valley with his wife, and little is known of her,except that her surname was Cavanagh.

The link for the A-Z Challenge 2011 post is HERE

2 comments:

  1. Good luck hunting down more on this line. I was a bit worried that you'd disappeared from the A to Z challenge..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline, No I am still here, I think when I wrote the posts I didn't get the dates right on a couple of them so they didn't post at the correct time!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...