Monday 30 April 2012

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - Z is for ....



Z is for...... Zealous and Zestful

The letter Z was tricky to cover. I sat and brainstormed all the words that I feel sums up the Australian way of life,its history, diversity, cultural and enthusiasm and many more, then I came up with were Zealous and Zestful which fitted the Z bill nicely.

Whether initially migration to Australia happened as a result of being a convict or through choosing to live in a new colony, the output was the same. A new life and beginning, not just in terms of the individual concerned, but also of the Colony. As the Colony filled with migrants from across the globe, each bring with them their own cultures, ways of life and passions those early immigrants have passed onto future generations of Australians that same love and enthusiasm for acceptance.

Australia is not a perfect Country, but what one is? What it has is, a zealousness for life, a passion of living, which is possibly a legacy of those early convicts, or those who came to a new Country to avoid famine, persecution and to gain freedom.

That concludes the A-Z for 2012. I have loved every minute of it. There is a little extra post coming up and a reflections of A-Z 2012 next week.





6 comments:

  1. Great Z words and a great description of Australia. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Born in Australia from privelaged ancestors, I moved back to England, where I use my zeastful attitude to life in my writing.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am just about to visit Wordstitcher!

      Delete
  3. I like your Z post. It's a nice way to end. Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Z words Julie. I suppose it's true that our ancestors needed to be zealous and zestful and perhaps some of that remains -sometimes it takes a (welcome) visitor to see things we miss about our own country. Well done on going the distance (actually double-meaning when I think of it, the distance to Oz and A to Z)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...