Friday 27 April 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday - Australia - ANZAC Day

On 25th April, New Zealanders and Australians celebrated ANZAC Day and in keeping with remembering that day, which ties in nicely with the A-Z Challenge I have kept to the theme of Australia. You can read the A-Z challenge posts via this tag line and read my ANZAC Day post HERE.




The last two postcards were published by The Limbless Soldiers Association in New South Wales

Submitted as part of Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by The Best Hearts are Crunchy 


6 comments:

  1. It's good to remember veterans (those who fought the good fight) in any country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first postcard is especially stunning. What a noble young soldier. I love Australia. Some day I shall visit there--I've loved that country since the third grade, when we studied it at length.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, it is a beautiful country and very welcoming. One of the things that amazes me, even after living there is the distance, 1,000 miles is a drop in the ocean!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards and wonderful remembrances. Happy PFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a wonderful collection of postcards and stamps, Julie and I can see your love affair with Australia is long-lasting. That first card has impact doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline. I have been a collector since I was given a penny stamp in a small matchbox by my Grandfather when I was about 2 or 3. I still have that stamp, not the matchbox though!

      I have been busy scanning the stamps as the originals are making the trip to Australia with me where I shall pass them along to my cousins children. The only stamp not making the journey is the original penny stamp.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...