Friday 20 April 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday - Phillip Island

Again, it seemed fitting this week to share a postcard that complements the A-Z Challenge; my selected theme for this month long posting is Australia. You can read the various posts via this tag line.


Phillip Island is in Victoria, and home to the incredibly cute Fairy Penguins. They grow to the approximate height of 33cms. These little ones spend all day swimming and then towards dusk they emerge from the waters and hunt. According to my early notebooks, I visited Phillip Island in July 1991, but in 1996 Phillip Island Nature Park was created. Do click the link - there is a short video of the area and a few of the little penguins.

I recall that day in 1991 where a whole group of us were instructed to not take photographs with flash as this hurts their small eyes, but we could photograph them. The sight was amazing as these small little things waddled up the beach from the sea. 

Submitted as part of Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by The Best Hearts are Crunchy 

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty of a postcard. I have always loved Australia. I fell in love with that country when we studied it in Third grade with Mrs. Riggal. lol Someday I shall visit there.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...