Saturday 30 November 2013

Weekend Cooking - Nigella Christmas

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends,…
I am cheating ever so slightly and writing this post in January! Just before last Christmas I caught on the television the end of Nigella Christmas the TV programme. I was inspired with one of her recipes and had to watch. Whilst watching, I reached for my iPad and located Nigella's website

A few weeks later I was in the library and wondered if they had the Nigella Christmas book in. They did and what a whopper as I carried it home.

I spent a few hours reading and enjoying the recipes and pictures. The text is quite like Nigella having a conversation with you, it is like welcoming an old friend. There is a degree of familiarity and I liked that.

Back to the book. The book is a delight. It oozes quality and it is simply one of those books that says pick me up and buy me!

Chapters in the book
  • The more the merrier 
    • Cocktails, canapes & manageable mass catering
  • Seasonal Support
  • Come on Over
    • Stress free suppers
  • The Main Event
  • Joy to the world
    • Christmas baking & sweet treats
  • All wrapped up
    • Edible presents & party preserves
  • A Christmas brunch for 6-8
  • A bevy of hot drinks
  • Dr Lawson Prescribes......
    • Stockists
    • Acknowledgements
    • Index
Over the coming weeks I am going to share a few recipes from this delightful book. You can create an account on Nigella's website and book mark some recipes.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by BethFishReads

4 comments:

  1. I generally really like Nigella's books, I'll have to see if my library has this one. And Ha!!!! That's what I call scheduling ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love how you planned this ahead for us. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like being prepared! I like Nigella's books too, but haven't seen this one. I've been sorry to see all the trouble she's in at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look for one of her books at my library as I am not familiar with her works. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...