Sunday 16 February 2014

Happy Birthday Mum - Christine Joyce Butcher ~ 16 Feb 1947 - 14 Feb 2014

Today would have been Mum's 67th Birthday.

I spent some time yesterday looking for one of my favourite pictures of Mum. 


It is the largest in the collage, and was taken in May 1995. Mum hated having her photograph taken, as did my Grandmother and I am not overly keen! The other photographs are snippets from Mum's early life, as a baby and then in various stages of toddler-hood.

The photograph of Mum with her Dad on Brighton beach shows that determined look on her face. That was a look she never lost. She was one of the most determined, stubborn and courageous individuals that I have ever known and is probably a mixture of the legacy of her genes and the determination not to fail following the Polio.

Also shown is a lovely photo of her as a little girl standing on a chair, in such a danty way. This is probably one of my favourites of Mum. Also is the photograph of Mum as a bridesmaid to her cousin Janet.

Happy Birthday Mum. I so wish you were here with us. I will love you always. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Julie. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, my heart goes out to you, I know you saw this day coming but nothing can prepare us for the loss of a parent. I know first hand, I will always miss my dad. Please know my thoughts are with you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I hope you got your card. You gave your Mum your gift years ago when you made her a mother...your Mum was one of the lucky ones, she had no doubt she was much loved. She will always live on in your memories.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...