Sunday 11 January 2015

Sunday Salon ~ 2015 Reading

I have always loved reading, but in the last year seem to have read very little in comparison to previous years. What reading I have done has either been texts and research for a project or two or a book choice from my book group.

For 2015 I hope to change that. I have a rather large pile of books, both actual books and e-books that I want to get through. I have therefore selected fifteen that are going to be my MUST reads for the year. That will hopefully get the reading juices following again.

Here they are listed in no particular order - books marked with * are already started.

  • Vintage by Susan Goss
  • How to Knit a Tangled Mess by Rachel Cole
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  • Return to Mandalay by Rosanna Ley
  • Sleeping the Churchyard Sleep by Rett MacPherson *
  • Between the Cracks by Carmela Cattuti *
  • Disraeli Avenue by Caroline Smailes
  • The Leaving of Things by Jay Amtahi
  • The Irresistable Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe by Mary Simses
  • 30 Days in Sydney by Peter Carey
  • 13th Gift by Joanne Smith
  • The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
  • The Dress shop of Dreams by Menna Van Praag
  • The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
  • The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society by Darien Gee

Here is a selection of the covers. Any take your fancy?

Vintage: A Novel by Susan GlossHow to Knit a Tangled Mess (DIY Dating)…The 13th Gift: A True Story of a Christmas…The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by…The Bookshop Book by Jen CampbellSleeping the Churchyard Sleep by Rett…Return to Mandalay by Rosanna LeyThe Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel by Nina…The Leaving of Things by Jay Antani

The Sunday Salon is open to anyone who'd like to discuss books of a Sunday (or, frankly, any other day of the week). We've actually been around for some years -- see http://dhamel.typepad.com/sundaysalon/ -- but managing the group via that site became a problem because of its size and we had to limit membership to a little over 500 members.  The doors are open to anyone who'd like to participate via the Facebook Group

5 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I want to do this year. But I'm focusing on just three so far. I would like to compile a very good bucket list, too.

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks has been on my TBR list way too long. I keep hoping my book group will pick it, but I haven't convinced them yet.

    Looks like a great list!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife wants to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks too and I've heard it's good.

    Out of the covers, even though I don't know what it's about, The Bookshop Book looks intriguing.

    I started with a list of 12 this year. So far, I've gotten to two of them and now am on my third or will be by tonight or tomorrow anyway: The Martian by Andy Weir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the book on a lengthy list of books to read. I then read this review - http://theindepthgenealogist.com/book-review-immortal-life-henrietta-lacks/ and it nudged it's way up the pile!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:20 am

    This looks like an interesting list. I'm also an avid reader and am thankful to Goodreads for keeping me motivated and (mostly) on track! I hope you enjoy these books.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...